If you read our Dubai Travel guide and are considering a trip to Dubai, we have the perfect 5 days itinerary for you. There is so much to see and do in Dubai that it can be a little overwhelming to plan everything out. So let’s get started:
- On your first day in Dubai, head to the Dubai Mall because it is only the biggest mall in the world. It is so easy to spend the entire day here shopping, but there are a lot of other fun activities to do as well. Grab breakfast from one of the many cafes here so that you are ready to go.
- Get a taste of the DUBAI souks at “THE SOUQ” in Dubai MAll. If you are travelling with kids there are fun activities like ice skating, Dubai aquarium and tunnel, check them out.
- While you are at the mall, be sure to check out the fountain show near BURJ KHALIFA.
- In the evening, Go to “At the top: Burj Khalifa”. The views are stunning and totally worth the hype especially if you are going around sunset. Make sure you book the tickets in advance online here.
- There are also a lot of options for dinner here. There are a lot of hotels around Dubai mall and a lot of these restaurants have views of the fountain show and have candle lit dinners if you are looking for a nice place to have dinner.
- Head over to Al-fahidi Historical neighbourhood in the morning. There is a lot to explore and also a number of good restaurants that serve amazing brunch, take your pick. Although we highly recommend having Ghee roast Masala dosa at Saravana Bhawan, which is very close to Al-fahidi. Make sure you check out the various museums here.
- After brunch, check out Souk al Bahar and get lost in the narrow lanes while shopping for souvenirs.
- Take an abra Ride which is operated by RTA for 2 DHS and get to the Deira area. Spend your afternoon exploring the gold, spice and perfume souks and shopping your heart out. Make sure to haggle to get the best prices (Yes, even at the gold souq).
- We highly recommend doing a morning desert safari or a hot air balloon ride. The sunrise from the desert is magical and there aren’t a lot of people on morning safaris.
- Spend the rest of the day at La Mer beach. It is a very hip area in Dubai and is great to spend the afternoon and evenings. There are a number of restaurants, graffiti walls and also a waterpark. Also, you can see the famous Dubai skyline from the beach.
- Head to Dubai Miracle Garden first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds and take beautiful pictures.
- Check out Dubai Marina and go on a yacht tour.
- Spend the rest of the day at a waterpark and if that’s not your thing then head to JBR to any of the beach clubs. We recommend checking out Barasti Beach club or smokey beach. You could also get a day pass at the Atlantis and go to the Lost world.
- Grab a few cocktails at Level 43. The views from here are amazing.
- Explore Dubai City walk and grab brunch at one of the cafes.
- In the afternoon, explore souk Madinat and the open beach at Burj Al Arab. You can also take an abra ride at Souk Madinat which costs about 100 DHS per person. There are also a number of bars and clubs if you want to spend your last evening partying in Dubai style or you could also check out Shimmers beach club and restaurant. It also has views of Burj Al Arab and sunsets from here are particularly amazing.
Check out our detailed guide for recommendations on accommodations, restaurants and budget here.