Welcome to part 4 of the 7 day blogging course. We have already discussed how to set up your blog, how to make your blog look professional. all the plugins and the resources you need.
If you want to go over any of these parts, they will linked at the end of this post.
Now let’s get started on today’s post.
In this part I am going to go over:
- What is content Marketing strategy and why you need one
- Where to find new content ideas
- How to write quality content
- What to do before you publish a post
- Everything you need to do AFTER you publish a post
What is content marketing strategy?
Creating valuable content is the key to have a successful blog and content marketing strategy is going to be at the very core of the content you will create. It will help you create meaningful content and attract the right audience to your content.
While thinking about developing a content marketing strategy, these are the things that you should consider:
- Who is your Target Audience?
- What are your marketing goals and objectives?
- What are the best platforms to publish your content?
It is also important to think about:
- Which resources do you need to create the content and what content do you need?
- How can you get the most out of your content?
- Measuring success and what parameters are you going to use?
If you want to deep dive into all of these point, I have written this extremely detailed blogpost. Feel free to check it out.
WHERE TO find new content ideas?
Having a strong brand on social media is such a big plus these days. And with businesses going online these days, building a strong online presence is crucial. And ask anyone, the number one thing for having a strong online presence on social media or a presence online, having high quality content is the key.
But there are times when you run out of ideas. And finding these content ideas is a task in itself. And one thing that we highly recommend to everyone to keep posting consistent content is to have a list of ideas.
Now, how do you come up with this list?
Here are our top places to look for new content ideas that will help you make a list of all the blogposts you should write.
- From your own content:
- Ask your audience what kind of content do they want to see from you
- Check your analytics to see what content performs well
- Keep checking your comments and DMs where people are telling you what they’d like to see more of
- From your competitor’s content:
- See what other’s in your niche are creating and what posts of theirs do good.
- From Pinterest:
- See what kind of pins you often see and if there is some blog post title that you could put your own spin on.
- Make a series:
- Make a series of posts that work perfectly together and that makes sense for the reader.
How to write quality content?
Writing quality content is the key to building a successful blog and a loyal; audience base.
Quality content is content that:
- your audience finds value in
- Is well researched
- Is well structured
- SEO friendly
- Easily sharable
Apart from the research and the structuring of posts, here is everything that we do before we publish a blogpost.
COMING On to SEO:
SEO is short for Search Engine optimisation. To put it in simple words, it means optimising your website in such a way that it appears higher in google search results. There is of course a lot of work that goes into optimising your website for search engines but it helps you drive organic traffic.
Why you should care about SEO is because an optimised site drives organic search traffic. Every second there are hundreds of thousands of people searching the web and it would be amazing if your website gets suggested and you are able to get organic traffic to your blog, with putting in any active efforts right?
So What can you do to improve the SEO ranking of your blog?
SET UP YOUR BLOG PROPERLY:
Setting up your blog properly will include all these points. Read the detailed post here.
- Hosting & Plan
- Loading speed
- SSL certificate
That’s for setting up your blog the right way. Here are some practices that you should do while writing blogposts. All these practices are important if you want to improve the SEO ranking of your website:
BLOG POST TITLES:
Blog post title should clearly explain what the post is about. Also make sure that the title isn’t very long and is catchy as well.
BLOG POST BODY:
How you structure your post is also really important for it to be considered as “good content” by google. So try and make the layout of your post easy to follow for the readers. Try and break the content is smaller paragraphs and with proper sub headings wherever needed. Also, if you are using headings, they are called H1, H2 and so on for a reason. Do not use H6 just because you like it better. It will help you improve the SEO score.
Optimising the images in your blogposts is also a great way to improve your overall SEO score. Google loves fast loading websites and if you include high quality images in your post which are sluggish in loading, it will affect your SEO.
Snippet or Meta Description:
Snippet or meta description is a summary of your blogpost which appears under the search results. To improve your SEO score, make sure it is concise, meaningful and also has the keyword.
Permalink or URL:
Permalink or the URL that appears in the address bar of a post is also important. You should edit the permalink so that it contains the title of the blogpost but isn’t very long. Also make sure to include your keyword in the permalink.
Outbound & Internal Links:
Outbound links are where you link websites other than yours in your blogposts. We usually link Canva in posts explaining how to make your freebies. And that is an outbound link.
Internal links are also important. Internal links are when you link your own blogposts. It lets google know that all this content is related and that you create content that makes sense as a whole and will help the readers understand a particular topic better.
GUEST BLOG POSTS for BACKLINKS:
We have also included this one here because when you make connections with people and write blogposts on their website linking some of your blogposts, it helps with your SEO score.
Posting consistently and posting good quality content is still the key to a good SEO score. Make sure you post at least one relevant blogpost every week.
Do your Research:
We say this very often. Whenever you are writing a blogpost, do your research well and think about how you can write a better blogpost that all your competitors. We know it is not always possible but one should strive for it.
That’s it for the quality content part. I hope it wasn’t too much to cover in one day. I know it’s a lot and it will take you some time to understand and implement these strategies. But that’s okay. the idea is to keep working towards it.
Select one of the links below to check the part that you want to go to. All these parts will go over important topics such as monetising your blog, driving traffic to your website and your content strategy etc.
- Part 1: How to start a blog the right way
- Part 2: How to install a theme and make the blog look professional
- Part 3:
- Part 3 a):Everything you need to do BEFORE you publish a blogpost
- Part 3 b):Everything you need to do AFTER you publish a blogpost
- Part 4:How bloggers Monetise their blogs
- Part 5: Pinterest Marketing strategy
- Part 6: Workflow as a blogger
However, if you wish to get exclusive and exhaustive information on how we set up our blog and grow it to earn a full time income in 6 months, we will see you tomorrow for day 5 of the 7 day blogging course.
And if you have chanced upon this post and haven’t signed up for the blogging course, you can do so over here.
THE FREE 7 DAY EMAIL COURSE TO STARTING A PROFITABLE BLOG WILL COVER:
- DAY 1: How to set up your blog right:
- Everything about hosting, plans, domain names and niches
- DAY 2: How to make your blog look professional:
- Setting it up the right way, themes and plug-ins you will need
- DAY 3: All the tools and resources you will need as a blogger.
- All the tools that have helped us grow our blog and monetise it. All the essential plug-ins and everything we need to make pins for our blog.
- DAY 4: How to write quality content:
- Everything from structuring the blogposts, to finding content ideas, and optimising your posts for Search engines
- DAY 5: How to monetise your blog & ways to monetise:
- How bloggers monetise their blogs and selecting which one is best for you
- Our list of the best affiliate networks to join.
- DAY 6: How to market your content and drive traffic from social media:
- How to set up your Pinterest the right way
- How to get rich pins
- How to use keywords to increase your reach on Pinterest
- Everything you need to know to drive traffic while you sleep: Pinterest Marketing strategy
- DAY 7: How to stay motivated as a content creator and my top tips and tricks to stay productive and on top of your game as a blogger