I have always loved a glow up week or a glow up month right before going back to school or college. It’s basically taking time out to focus on yourself and having a glow up. Taking out time to work on your physical appearance as well as working on your inner self to glow from within. And in this post, we are talking all about how to do a glow up and how to glow up in a month or less. These are the best glow up tips that will make you look and feel good.
So whether you have to get ready for school, or you want to glow up for the wedding season, here is how you can do that. It is totally upto you, how long do you want to do it for. You could treat this as a glow up challenge and glow up in 30 days or less. This Glow up challenge will help you glow up in a month and become a prettier version of yourself.
Glow Up Challenge For 2021: How To Glow Up In One Month Or Less!
PART 1: HOW TO GLOW UP YOUR BODY
PART 2: HOW TO GLOW UP YOUR FACE
PART 3: HOW TO GLOW UP YOUR HAIR
PART 4 : HOW TO GLOW UP YOUR NAILS
PART 5: GLOW UP YOUR STYLE
PART 6: HOW TO GLOW UP FROM THE INSIDE
PART 7: HOW TO GLOW UP YOUR MIND
What Does It Even Mean To Have a Glow Up?
Before we get into the glow up challenge, you might be thinking “What does it even mean to glow up?” Urban Dictionary defined “Glow Up” as an incredible transformation. The glow up process focuses on the improvement of physical appearance, individual style and overall attractiveness.
What Is the Glow Up Challenge?
Glow up challenge is basically forcing yourself to make some positive changes that will result in you getting a glow up and improving your life. A glow up challenge is designed to help you become the best version of yourself and it’s not about copying what others are doing. Having a glow up is going to an incredible transformation of who you are.
For someone it could mean changing their physical appearance, losing a few pounds, changing their personal style. And for others it could be all about eating healthy, practising self care and drinking more water. The best thing about the Glow up challenge is that you can do as much as you want and you can totally customise it according to yourself.
Why do you need to take up the Glow up Challenge?
After doing this challenge you will feel more confident with yourself and around people. You will automatically be more attractive to other people because you will radiate confidence. But keep in mind that these are not glow up tips to glow up overnight. these tips will take time and efforts at your end, but you will see results. And yes, you can take up this glow up challenge at any time of the year.
Although, if you are looking for a quick glow up, here are some glow up tips that will definitely help. This is my How to glow up overnight guide that I follow religiously whenever I have something planned for the next day.
But for a complete glow up, here is the challenge. I always find that making a habit tracker for some of these habits is the most effective way to do the challenge. Because so often we forget to take out time for ourselves and having a habit tracker in a place where you see it daily will definitely motivate you to do better. I love making one every month in my bullet journal. And if you have been meaning to try bullet journalling, here is a super simple guide that will get you started.
Also, here are some super cute and minimal bullet journal layouts that work for everyone. Yes, even when you are not much of an artist, haha. But I digress, coming to the topic, we are talking about getting a glow up.
And before you say “ I don’t have time for this“
Let me stop you right there. As women we often tend to put our needs last. And more often than not, we tend to get so busy with the chores and the daily life, that we totally neglect ourselves. But let me also tell you, that you can not do your best in any aspect of your life, if you are not taking the time to take care of yourself. Ever heard the saying that you can’t serve from an empty vessel?
That applies here. If you are not taking care of yourself, you will end up burning out. And self care doesn’t always have to mean 5 hour long spa days, because let’s be realistic, no one really has the time to do that. Especially in this hustle culture. But, the good thing is, you can indulge in self care even when you feel like you don’t have the time.
In fact, some of the habits/tips that are included in here, will fit right into your busy schedule and won’t take much of your time. So if you are pressed for time everyday, I’d suggest you start small and don’t stress yourself out that you have to do every single thing that’s on the challenge. After all, this challenge is meant for you and you need to feel good about doing this for yourself.
Here’s how to have a glow up of your life – for ultimate wellness!
PART 1: How To Glow Up Your BODY
Getting a glow up starts with your physical appearance. Because when you take care of your body you look good and radiate confidence. And it’s not so much about losing weight per se, but may be you do want to lose a few pounds. And that’s totally okay too. And in the process, you will also end up losing a few pounds. So that’s a win-win. It’s all about choosing what’s healthy for you and feeding your body the right food. Here are some habits that will help you take care of your body.
Drink more water:
Drinking more water is the number one habit to adopt to glow up. If there is one thing you actually end up doing from this entire challenge, let it be this. Our bodies are made up of about 60-705 water and thus it makes sense to keep ourselves hydrated to function properly. Drinking more water has so many health benefits. And the best thing is, it doesn’t take time to do so. You don’t have to go out of your way/schedule to include this habit in. you just need to be more mindful of your water consumption throughout the day.
Why do you need to drink more water:
- Drinking more water helps your body get rid of the toxins more easily, thus helping you glow up from within. When you start drinking more water on the daily, you will see a big difference in your skin as well. Because again, it helps with the detoxification process.
- Drinking enough water throughout the day also helps with the bloat. Your body retains water when you consume too much salt in your diet and drinking more water will help you get rid of that water weight.
- Drinking enough water is also good because it keeps the hunger pangs at bay and you’ll be less likely to snack on junk food. And that means you end up getting healthier and losing a few pounds.
How much water should I drink in a day?
Ideally, you should be drinking about 2.7 litres to 3.5 litres of water every single day. To some people it might seem like a lot, and it is. But you just need to slowly make it a habit. If you hate drinking plain water, add some fruits to it to add a little flavor. My favourite is lemon water.
And if you keep forgetting to drink water throughout the day, carrying a water bottle definitely helps. I carry a water bottle with me everywhere. In fact I never leave the house without it. Here are some cute water bottles that will help!
Eat more fruits & veggies:
The next habit to adopt to glow up your body is to eat more fruits and veggies. It is good for everyone whether you are doing a glow up challenge or not. I find that simply by including more veggies and fruits in my diet, I start feeling good. Having more fruits and vegetables also ensures that I am getting enoguh fibre and that my energy levels are up. It also helps in controlling blood sugar levels. If you find it difficult to include more vegetables and fruits in your diet, here are some tips that will help:
- Make it a rule to have at least one raw meal every single day. This will need some getting used to, but you will be able to see the benefits for sure. By having one raw mean a day, you automatically ensure to have a good portion of fruits and vegetables. It could either be a big bowl of salad or a smoothie for breakfast.
- If you do have a lot of meats and not enough greens and vegetables, it is also a good idea to try doing at least one plant based meal everyday or 4 times a week. There are so many recipes on Pinterest and it gets easier over time.
- Smoothies for breakfast are my favourite way to include more greens and fruits in my diet. And it doesn’t take up a lot of time to make in the mornings as well. My go-to are spinach and apple smoothie bowl and all fruits and berries smoothie bowl. Just make sure to experiment with different combinations and find a few that you really love. To make them even yummier, you could add greek yogurt or coconut water to your smoothies.
A healthy diet:
Apart from including more fruits and veggies in your diet, there are a couple of other things you need to take care of. When it comes to eating healthy, it’s all about the choices that we make. And I find that it’s best to first educate yourself about nutrition because it allows you to make better choices. Generally speaking, here are some things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to nutrition.
- All foods have certain nutrients and it bodes well for you to have a basic idea of what nutrients are present in which fruits and vegetables. because eating those fruits can help you get the results you want. Whether you want clearer skin, healthy hair and nails or simply to lose a few pounds. For example, berries are a great source of anti oxidants and eating more berries will help you get clearer skin. Fat sources like avocados and nuts and seeds are full of healthy fats and are some of the best foods you can eat for great hair and skin. Not to mention, they help you keep your blood sugars in check and to avoid blood sugar level spikes through the day. Spinach is an excellent source of iron, folate, vitamin A & Vitamin C, which promote good hair and skin.
- Eating and choosing these healthy foods is not enough though. Because all foods have calories, some more than the others. But you still need to watch what you eat. Yes, it’s possible to load up on calories by eating fruits and veggies, especially if you are having sugary fruits like mangoes. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t eat these fruits, it simply means that you should be mindful, as goes with every other food. So it’s a myth that you can have as much fruits and veggies as you want. But yes, it’s usually a bit more difficult to go over your calorie limit for the day, when you’re eating fruits and veggies and easier when you are having junk foods.
- Avoiding junk and processed foods is a must when you are trying to glow up. And it goes without saying. Processed foods are generally super high in sodium and that causes you to retain more water weight and bloat. Having junk and processed foods that aren’t giving you any nutrition is just consuming empty calories. I’ll let you in on a fun fact, You start craving whatever you eat more. Which is in fact true. So when you start eating healthy foods, you will crave more of those.
- Including healthy fats in your diet is an absolute must. So include seeds and nuts for healthy fats and omega 3. If you find it difficult to include nuts and seeds in your diet, start by adding them to your smoothies. I even add a good handful to my salads because it adds such a nice crunch. But again, you have to be mindful and watch how much you eat, because they are packed with calories and just a handful are more than enough.
- Another thing to keep in mind is to stop drinking your calories. These calories come from sugary and carbonated drinks like processed juices and soft drinks. So, instead of soft drinks, have a glass of water with your meals.
Fix sleep schedule & get enough sleep:
Fixing your sleep schedule and getting enough sleep is a must for your glow up. No one wants dark circles and puffy eyes. So fixing your sleep schedule should be a priority. Proper and adequate sleep is also important for proper functioning of your body. I always feel more productive when I have had a good sleep. And when it comes to getting a good quality sleep, here are a couple of things that help:
- Always go to bed and wake up around the same time. It allows your body to adjust accordingly and you wake up feeling fresher. Once you synchronise your body clock according to your sleep schedule, you will also notice a difference in your sleep quality.
- Switching off any screens whether it is your tv, phones or laptops at least 2 hours before going to bed also helps with the sleep quality. All the screens emit blue light and it puts your body in an awake mode and that’s why you struggle with getting good sleep. I always find it best to turn off all the screens before bed and get into my night time routine instead. So instead of watching tv or scrolling through social media mindlessly, I take out some time to read a book, do some basic skin care, change into Pjs and so on. Having a night time routine indicated my brain and my body that it’s time to relax and get ready to go to sleep.
- If you have trouble sleeping, another great tips is cutting down on caffeine during the evenings. In fact, I don’t drink any caffeinated drinks after noon. And I think it makes such a big difference. You could also try some herbal teas like chamomile tea, because they help you relax and go to sleep.
- When it comes to working out, do not workout at least a couple of hours before bedtime. Working out and getting your sweat on releases endorphins and that makes it difficult for you to go to sleep. That’s why it’s best to workout in the mornings. However, if you do no have time int he mornings, finish your workouts at least 3-4 hours before your bedtime.
Working out and getting your sweat on, is one of the most important tips for your glow up. So make sure you are taking out the time to get your workouts in at least 4-5 times a week. And before you say “I don’t have the time”, well, you have to make time. Working out is super important of you really want to glow up.
- Working out and getting your blood flowing is super important to get that nice glow and also helps rid your body of toxins.
- Exercising and getting your heart rate up also releases endorphins, which are responsible for making you feel good. So when you workout, you feel good and happy. And that’s why it is such a mood lifter and even helps in dealing with anxiety and depression.
So, working out for at least 30 minutes a day is an absolute must. And if you are not in a habit of working out, it’s obviously going to take some time to build the habit. All you need to do is commit to it.
- You could start by doing small 10-15 minute HIIT workouts if you don’t have the time for longer workouts. High intensity workouts are great for getting your heart rate up in such a small amount of time. You can find so many videos on youtube for 15 or 20 minute workouts. So depending on how much time you have, select a workout that you can fit into your busy schedule. And always remember, you need to take care of yourself and your body first.
- Did you know that you can love your workouts and it doesn’t have to feel like a punishment? Yes, no kidding. It is always helpful to try a couple of workouts and find the ones that you love doing. Maybe you like running or you like yoga/pilates. Try a couple of different workouts and find ones that you love doing. All you need to do is move your body and get your heart rate up. Maybe even consider joining a dance class?
- I am no expert when it comes to working out, but I do have one advice: always try to mix it up. Don’t simply focus on cardio. Try some strength building exercises and some weight training as well. This tip is super important if you are trying to lose weight. Doing weight training helped me shed fat faster than any cardio ever did.
- It also helps if you have a workout buddy or a partner who will keep you accountable. Hate working out alone? Ask a friend to go to your workout classes with you. Working out and sweating is a lot more fun when you have good company. But don’t let the lack of company be an excuse to not work out. Remember that you are doing this for yourself and sometimes (most of the times) you will have to do it by yourself.
- Try and do at least 2-3 workouts outdoors. Getting fresh air has its own benefits and outdoor workouts are just more fun to do. So on days when you feel like you don’t have the energy to go to the gym, why not just go for a long walk outside. Or maybe even a small hike if there are some close to where you live.
Cut out toxic habits:
I know that this is probably not something that you can give up in 30 days, but if you do drink a lot of smoke a lot, it might be time to consider making a change there. Cutting out these toxic habits from your lifestyle will help you glow up from within.
RELATED: 10 toxic habits to quit right now
Taking care of Personal and General Hygiene:
This part of glowing up includes taking care of your personal hygiene as well as your surroundings. You’d be surprised to know how many women don’t really educate themselves about personal hygiene. It could be something as simple as brushing your teeth and flossing to taking a bath and changing your clothes everyday.
But it’s also about keeping your surroundings clean. So making your bed everyday and decluttering and cleaning your room every now and then. All these habits will also help you glow up, because your surroundings have a big impact on you. And when you have clean surroundings, you will automatically be more motivated to work and glow up from within. ( we will talk more about glowing up from within, late on in this blog)
PART 2: How To Glow Up Your FACE
Part 2 of glowing up challenge is all about glowing up your face. And while working out and eating healthy definitely helps with that, there are a couple of other things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to having glowing skin.
So for Glowing skin:
- Hydrate: Hydration is the key. And I will keep saying that until you repeat it with me. I can not stress this enough. Drinking enough water through the day will help you get a healthy glow by ridding your body of toxins. it also helps clear up acne and makes your skin soft and supple.
- Skin care: The next step for a glowing skin is proper skin care. And it means making a morning and night skin acre routine that works for you and sticking with it. And no, it doesn’t have to really complicated and doesn’t have to take that long too. Follow the basics of cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising and you will be good to go. The most important thing to remember is to to be consistent. Because any skin acre regime takes time to show the results and you must not give up. And sometimes when you start a skin care routine, your skin will break out, simply because your skin is not used to it. But focus on doing the basics every morning and night and that should be enough.
- If you do have a lot of pimples or acne though, it’s best to consult your doctor and go with the products that they recommend. They are the experts after all.
- Diet: Your diet also plays a huge role in how your skin looks. So when you are eating right and consuming the right foods, your skin will get better. Having a wholesome nutritious diet is super important. Eating veggies and fruits that are full of anti oxidants like berries is especially beneficial. A general rule of thumb is to have veggies, greens, fruits and healthy fats like avocados, nuts and seeds.
- Hormones: You skin could also be breaking out because of some underlying factors like hormonal imbalance. So it’s best to get that checked and out of the way. And if needed take medication for the same. My skin drastically improved when I started getting treated for PCOS.
- SPF: This is so under-rated. But never ever leave the house without sunscreen. Make it a habit to lather on a good SPF before steeping out in the sun. You skin will thank you for it.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is the key to good skin. Over time we tend to get dead skin cells built up and it’s important to exfoliate and remove them from time to time for our skin to look healthy. Make sure to use a gentle exfoliator though. Don’t use scrubs that are too harsh on your skin because you will be doing more harm than good.
- Massage oils: Massage oils are the holy grail of skin acre and are so big lately. You have probably seen Instagram Influencers raving about them and then thought “This is just a fad”. But let me tell you, it isn’t. And a jade roller and a massage oil makes such a big difference. just make sure you are choosing something that’s super light on your skin and isn’t too sticky. Any light face oil that gets absorbed easily will do the trick.
- Face masks: Last but definitely not the least is masking. Putting on a face mask on a weekend has been a part of my self care routine for as long asI can remember. Some Korean beauty gurus even recommend doing so everyday. but I know it’s not always possible or economical. But make sure to out on a nice face mask at least once or twice a week to give your skin some extra love.
Other than these basic tips, there are some other that will definitely help. And here are the ones that I have found worth doing because they make such a big difference:
At home Face Packs: Whenever I have the time, I make myself a DIY at home face pack to give my skin some extra pampering. I have a couple of go-to face masks that are super easy to make with simple ingredients I always have in the kitchen. I love an oats face pack and also a chickpea flour and turmeric face pack on days when I have the time. Here are the best DIY at home FACE PACKS you need to try for glowing skin. These are good because you get to control what goes into the face pack and all it takes is 5-10 minutes to make.
Moisturise like you mean it: It is a skin care habit that takes time to develop but so worth it. If you have been skipping on moisturising too, change that habit right now. I used to skin on the moisturiser especially during summers, but I have made it a habit now and it has made all the difference to my skin.
Remove makeup before bed: Don’t ever go to bed with makeup on. I know you are guilty of this one. I am too, at times. But it is such a bad habit and one that you need to break right now if you want glowing skin.
Satin/silk pillows: Another greta tips that works wonders for your skin is investing in a satin/silk pillow. they are super gentle on your skin while sleeping and have great benefits in the long run as they help in preventing wrinkles.
Facial Hair: Another way to get a glow up on your face is to take care of your facial hair. If you do get your eyebrows done, make time for your appointments. However, this is a matter of personal choice, so you do what you feel like. We just wanted to mention it as a reminder that you do have that option if that’s something you want to do.
Lip Care: Also, when we are talking about glowing up your face, don’t forget your lips. They need your love and care as well. Just like your skin, your lips needs exfoliation and moisturising as well. So make sure to keep that in mind. One of the best scrubs for lips is brown sugar and honey with some lemon juice. It works wonders.
Teeth & gum care: Take care of that perfect little smile of yours. Having white teeth and healthy gums definitely adds to the facial glow up. So make sure to brush your teeth twice and floss everyday. Also, don’t miss your dentist’s visit, no matter how much you hate going to those. It is also a great idea to try teeth whitening products to get that pearly white smile of yours a little glow up of its own.
Toxin free makeup and Skin care Products: The last tip when it comes to having a glow up is to make sure that you are using the right products. Whether it is your make up or other skin care products, make sure to read the labels and ensure that you are using products that are toxin free.
PART 3: How To Glow Up Your HAIR
Next part of your glow up journey and this challenge is your hair. having healthy hair instantly makes you look good. So make sure you are doing these things to have healthy hair that looks good and shiny.
- Trim split ends: Nothing says dull boring hair that looks shabby like split ends. So take some time to trim the split ends or if you do have a lot, consider getting a trim. Getting rid of your split ends will immediately make your hair look healthier and silkier than before. It is also a great practice to always use a conditioner after you shampoo, in order to avoid split ends from popping up every now and then. Yes, even if you have really thin hair, you still need a good conditioner and you still need to do so every time after you wash your hair.
- New hair cut & new hair colour: You could also get a new hair cut and a refresh on your hair colour to instantly glow up. It doesn’t have to take that long and goes a long way. I used to love getting a new hair cut every year before school started and before college as well. And you don’t have to do something drastic like going really short. Just chop off a few inches and get a new style or colour.
- Learn new hairstyles: It also is a great idea to learn a few new hairstyles that are easy to do and don’t take that long. You can find a lot of 5 minute hair tutorials on youtube and trying on new hairstyles that make you look put together go a really long way. Especially for the summers when all you want to do is put your hair in a top knot. Try and learn some hairstyles that will keep your hair up and also look super cute.
- No heat: Avoid your hair from heat damage whenever possible. Avoid using hair straightener or curling iron everyday and even if you do use them, make sure to use a hair spray that protects your hair from damage due to heat. Alternatively, you could find some no heat hairstyles on youtube and give them a try as well. It keep your hair looking much healthier than if you are using heat everyday.
- Hair care: Apart from all these other tips, you still have to keep in mind basic hair care for healthy hair. It includes eating healthy foods that are rich in nutrients and also a hair care routine. Make a weekly routine to oil your hair and put on hair mask at least once a week.
PART 4 : How To Glow Up Your NAILS
Glowing up your nails is relatively easier than everything else that is on the Glow Up challenge. But that does not mean it’s not important. Glowing up your nails makes such a big difference in your overall appearance.
- So get yourself a Manicure because nothing says put together like perfectly manicured nails. I love getting manicures done whenever I can and especially before any big events. But for the daily upkeep, I love doing it myself and keeping it really simple. And this self manicure kit from amazon is such a time and money saver.
- Apart from the manicures, you also need to take care of your cuticles. So get a cuticle oil and make it a habit to apply it every night before going to bed.
PART 5: Glow up your Style:
When it comes to glowing up and your appearance, a part of it is your body, skin and hair and the other part is dressing up and makeup. The way you dress up makes all the difference. Being confident in what you wear is the key.
Related: 15 simple ways to elevate your style
- It is a great idea to have a personal uniform that you KNOW works on your body type and that you feel confident in. But it is also a great idea to try different styles and experiment to see what you like and what you don’t. While Pinterest is again a great place to look for outfit inspiration, you still need to work on your personal style and you can only do so by trying them out yourself. So take inspiration and then add accessories to make the look your own.
- While we are talking about dressing up, I think it’s imperative to mention that you don’t have to dress up for anyone. You have to do it for you. And at the end of the day, you need to wear what you feel good in and what you are confident in.
- Learn makeup: A little make up goes a long way and when it comes to looking put together, it can instantly make you look like you have put a lot of efforts in. And no, you don’t have to do a full face and full glam makeup. But learning some basic minimal looks will serve you well.
PART 6: How To Glow Up From THE INSIDE
This is probably my favourite part about the whole glow up series. And while some of these tips will take time to put into practise, they do make the most difference. These glow up tips will change your entire outlook and help you glow up from within. And while some of these may sound silly, I swear it will make a huge difference. You just need to believe in the process and try for yourself.
Flush out Toxins: The first step is to flush pout toxins from your body to help you glow up from within. It means including more detox foods in your diet and every once in a while doing a cleanse. And before you say that juice cleanses are over-rated, you need to give it a try. And if you don’t feel like doing a full 3 day cleanse, why not do a one day or 24 hour cleanse. I do one every week or bi-weekly. And it makes my body feel like it’s rid of toxins and also just super recharged. It’s almost like doing a weekly reset for work.
Cut Toxic People from your Life: If you have some people in your life who make you feel shit about yourself, you need to let go of those people and such relationships. There are certain people who are not adding anything to your life and are rather just draining your energy and time. And let this be your sign to let these people go. And while sometimes it’s not that easy and simple to do so, start by giving them less of your time and attention. This stands true for your “friends” or even “family”. Spend more time with people who lift you up instead. Find people who have the same principles as you and whose goals align with yours.
Practise positive self talk/affirmations everyday: Practising positive self talk and affirmation is the key to building confidence and feeling happy. And if you are just getting started, it may seem like a silly thing to do or it may seem like it wouldn’t make a difference. But it does. Try starting with affirmations and following some accounts on Instagram who share daily affirmations. I also highly recommend trying journalling for positive self talk. A simple exercise of writing 3 things you love about yourself everyday goes a long way.
- Work on body positivity: This is probably going to take you longer than 30 days but it is still a good idea to start. You need to learn to accept and love the body you are in and work on body positivity. Instead of working out because you hate your body, you need to work out because you love your body. And you need to tell yourself daily that your body allows you to live the amazing life that you have and to go places and that it needs to be loved, no matter what your size is. And you need to remind yourself that you can love your body and still want to lose weight.
- Create rules & Boundaries: Creating rules and setting healthy boundaries whether it is at work or in your personal relationships will have a huge impact on your personal health. Make rules such as logging off work at a reasonable hour to take care of your personal health and well being. You also need to learn to say NO. Say no to plans and to people that do not serve you. Do not feel the pressure that you have to say Yes to thing even when you don’t want to. And saying no is not about disrespecting anyone, it’s just about respecting and valuing yourself and your priorities more.
- Set goals: Setting goals, both personal and professional will help you in achieving more and going after the life that you want and deserve. Also, a woman who has set goals and goes after them glows up from within.She drives confidence in knowing that she is in control of her life and her reality.
Related: how to set goals & crush them
PART 7: How to Glow up Your Mind:
The last part of the glow up challenge is the most difficult one perhaps. And that’s simply because it’s quite complicated and requires a lot of work at your end. But glowing up your mind and working on your mental health is something you shouldn’t take for granted. You need to take care of your mental well being as much as your physical well being. And it’s more complicated because you will need to focus and engage in a variety of activities for this part of the glow up challenge. First of all, let me just say, that if it makes you anxious, do not treat it as a challenge. You need to take your time and you should. But for those of you who are willing to put in the work right now, here are some things that you should consider:
- Therapy: I don’t know why but there is still a stigma associated with getting therapy. But let me just say that it could be life changing. And if you feel like your anxiety is getting too difficult for you to handle or there are some emotions that you can’t deal with, seeking help is perfectly fine and is in fact the best thing you can do for yourself. So feel free to seek help whenever you feel like you need it. And sometimes help could be talking to a friend and sharing how you’re feeling, but it also means taking therapy and seeking professional help.
- Meditation: Meditating is something that people often rave about. And if you haven’t tried this yet, you need to get on the wagon. Mediation helps you get in touch with your feelings and understand your emotions more deeply. It allows you to work on yourself and heal your mind from within. And I understand that it can be a difficult habit to adopt, but for what it’s worth, it won’t hurt to give it a try. There are so many apps that offer guided mediations like “calm” and it’s definitely worth giving a shot.
- Spend time in nature: Spending time in nature is another habit that I highly recommend in order to glow up. It gives you a peace of mind that helps to glow up your mind and puts you in better alignment with your thoughts and feelings. It helps you connect with yourself more in a way. So take some time out every now and then to spend time in nature. Whether it is outdoor workouts or going on hikes on the weekends, whatever works for you.
- Journalling: I keep saying this on the blog and I will say it again, journalling is under-rated. Journalling everyday can help you understand yourself better. A lot of the times, when I am feeling demotivated or I feel like shit, I take my journal and give myself the freedom to write whatever comes to my mind for 15-20 minutes or however long I want to write. And it helps me understand the reason why I am feeling that way. Journalling helps me put things and my thoughts into perspective and helps me in understanding what I need to work upon.
- Quality time with friends/family: Spending quality time with friends, family and your partner is a no brainer and it definitely helps you glow up. In out fast paced lives, sometimes it gets difficult to find the time for the ones we love and it affects our relationships. And believe it or not, it shows in our day to day lives as well. So take out time to spend quality time with your friends and family and engaging in conversations that actually matter. They bonds and connections that you take the time out to nourish have a greater impact on your life because they make you happier and glow from within. You will also be more confident when you have flourishing relationships.
- Build confidence: And lastly, take some time to build self confidence. There are daily habits that can help you build confidence over time. And it’s not something that you are born with. And with the right daily habits it is possible to be a more confident woman. And building self confidence and boosting self esteem will definitely help you glow up from within because a woman who is confident has a different aura about her.
Related: 10 daily habits to build confidence
And that’s it. That’s everything that the glow up challenge includes. Of course there is always more that can be done and personal development is always going to be an ongoing process, but taking this glow up challenge will help you get on the track. And of course you don’t have to do everything right away. There is no need to feel overwhelmed by it. You could take up things that you can find the time for and slowly build some of these habits into your daily routine. My only advice is listening to your body and taking out the time to care for it. And the best thing is that you can customise it to fit your lifestyle and what you want to focus on.
Here are some other related resources that you may find valuable: